Chinese New Year Thematic Unit for Kindergarten

I have just finished ordering my red envelopes, chopsticks, and fortune cookies from Oriental Trading as I am getting ready to celebrate Chinese New Year, Kindergarten Style.

I have always loved this holiday! It is so full of culture and packed with learning opportunities. My students always love to practice reading and math skills, Gung Hay Fat Choy style.





I will be using my thematic unit for the bulk of my teaching, as well as adding two Chinese New Year books from my February Guided reading set. 


This set contains two Chinese New Year Guided Readers




I love the song Gung Hay Fat Choy by Nancy Stewart. If you haven’t used her music, check her out now.  

Here is a free poster that has a different version of Gung Hay Fat Choy that is a Kindergarten Kiosk original, enjoy!






So, what are you waiting for, get ready for the year of the horse that will begin January 31st.



Printfriendly