Teaching: All About Love

Isn't this note adorable? Aside from the obvious assessment point that I should have focused more on question marks, this message says it all.


One thing I know from my years of teaching is that you cannot be effective without first loving your students. So, as I am preparing for the new year, I am trying hard to focus on what really matters. Yes, there are a million fabulous ideas on Pinterest that will make all of our classrooms adorable, and who doesn't want that? But what really makes the difference is not classroom decor, but loving our students and empowering them to be the best they can be.

Two things that I do in my classroom to foster the love I have for my students is my Star of the Week program, and My Student Portfolio System. My students love them, and I love that my students love them.

Printfriendly